Last Modified on March 2023
- What information we collect about you
- How we might use that information
- What information we might share with others
- Your rights and choices about that information
This Policy will cover the X Golf mobile application and other X Golf digital interactive services, which we’ll refer to as the “Service.”
- What types of personal data do we collect?
Below you’ll find details about the types of personal data we collect from you and how we use it. We call this “processing” your data.
We’ll also tell you the reason for processing that data, which is known as our “legal basis.”
First, the personal data we collect from you:
|Type of data||Examples of the data||How we use it|
|Account Information||Your name, email address, username, birthdate, address, phone number, gender, left or right-handedness, profile photo (if you choose to upload one), payment card information associated with you (if applicable), commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn from the above.||To create and manage your account on the Service, to contact you regarding Service-related customer and technical support issues, to enable Service features (such as tracking your progress and play history)|
We may need to share your personal data with third parties in a few situations:
- To follow the law, a court order, or orders from government agencies
- To detect and combat fraud or security issues
- To protect the Service, our employees, and our business’s rights or safety
Other than that, we will not share your personal data with anyone else.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data as long as it’s required to provide you with the Service. Sometimes a longer period might be required by law.
After that, we will delete your personal data within a reasonable time.
Please note that we may retain some data, if necessary to:
- resolve disputes,
- enforce our user agreements,
- follow any technical and legal requirements related to the Service.
- Children’s privacy rights
We don’t knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. We also don’t knowingly allow them to create accounts, sign up for newsletters, make purchases, or use the Service.
We take children’s privacy seriously and encourage parents to play an active role in their children’s online experience. If you have any concerns about your child’s personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California residents’ rights
We are regulated under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which applies to California residents.
Under the CCPA, California residents have several important rights:
Right to Know: You can ask us what personal data we hold about you and request a copy. This includes:
- The type and specific pieces of personal data we have collected
- The types of sources we collect the data from
- The purpose for collecting your personal data
- The third parties we share that data with
Right to Delete: You can request that we erase your personal data. There are some exceptions to this right, if we:
- Need to complete the transaction for which the personal data was collected or if there is an ongoing business relationship or contract with you
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- Need to identify and repair errors affecting Service functionality
- Exercise free speech or ensure another consumer can exercise (or another lawful right)
- Need to comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in research in the public interest
- Enable solely internal uses that are in line with your expectations for using your personal data
- Need to comply with a legal obligation
- Otherwise use your personal data internally, in a way that’s compatible with the reason we collected it in the first place
Sale of your personal data: We don’t sell any of your personal data for any purposes.
Other Rights: California residents also have the right to request information about our disclosure of personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the calendar year before your request. This request is free and may be made only once a year.
We also won’t discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights listed above.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us a detailed request at email@example.com. We may ask for additional info to verify that you’re the owner of that data.
- How do we protect personal data?
We have taken steps and put security measures in place to prevent the accidental loss or misuse of personal data.
For example, we limit access to those who have a genuine business need. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner.
We use other security measures, as well, including encryption at rest, encryption in transit, multi-factor authentication, regular backups, and role-based access controls.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We’ll notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach when legally required.
- Resolving Disputes
We hope that we can resolve any questions or concerns you raise about our use of your personal data.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you have questions or concerns. We will do our best to resolve the issue.
- How will we notify you of changes?
- How to contact us
You can do so using the following contact info:
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Mail: X Golf America, Inc., 19807 Hamilton Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90502
Find Us On Social